Skip to main content

"We have no idea what happened to this plane"

NBC news reports on a plane lost:
A Malaysia Airlines flight carrying 239 people has lost contact with air traffic control and was still missing two hours after it was supposed to have landed in Beijing, the airline said Saturday morning.

The airline told NBC News that a search-and-rescue mission was under way for Flight MH370, a Boeing 777-200, but it said it had no further information.

The flight from Kuala Lumpur, carrying 227 passengers, including two infants, and 12 crew members, had been scheduled to land at 6:30 a.m. in Beijing (5:30 p.m. ET Friday).

Boeing told CNBC it was aware of the report and was monitoring the situation.
While it may be a safe assumption that a missing plane is a crashed plane, no officials are at that point yet. As a matter of fact, the airplane vanished from radar over airspace controlled by Vietnam. Malaysia Airline's vice president actually said "we have no idea what happened to this plane." 

According to reports, at the time of the disappearance the plane had 7.5 hours of fuel.

The apparent route of the airliner is over land.

Commentators on cable news are proclaiming that it appears the plane has vanished in thin air..
The plane was at an altitude of 35,000 feet. The pilot had reported nothing as far as problems..

The plane vanished two hours into flight..

At this point, FOX NEWS,  CNN and MSNBC are running their typical Friday night television, ignoring the breaking news event. The story obtained 'breaking news' status on CNN until 10pm EDT when the network switched to a pretaped special on Pistorius..

To the internet the world goes! It's where we get the news.

DEVELOPING..


Comments

MOST POPULAR POSTS TODAY

The Detroit boom: A friend visits from a trip 28,000 miles per house

This is the AP news brief on the meteor and earthquake in Detroit January 16:
DETROIT (AP) — Experts say a bright light and what sounded like thunder in the sky above Michigan was a meteor.  The American Meteor Society says it received hundreds of reports of a fireball Tuesday night over the state, including many in the Detroit area. Reports also came in from several other states and Ontario, Canada.Some Michigan residents reported their homes shaking.  The society says the reports suggest a space rock penetrated deep into the Earth’s atmosphere before it broke apart. The U.S. Geological Service says it registered as a 2.0 magnitude earthquake in Michigan. Bill Cooke with NASA’s Meteoroid Environment Office tells The Detroit News it was “definitely a meteoroid” and a rare sight for Michigan.Other states where people reported seeing a fireball included Illinois, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana and Missouri.
More information now being revealed.. CBS in Detroit reported that NASA said the mete…

THE SKY IS ALIVE! BOOM IN DETROIT

USGS confirms meteor occurred around 811pm, causing a magnitude 2.0 earthquake. The very bright fireball illuminated the sky over Michigan, US on January 16, 2018 and was followed by a sonic boom reported several miles away. The American Meteor Society (AMS) has received 356 witness reports from Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio as well as from Ontario in Canada.

50 people reported concurrent sound associated with the event and 114 delayed. Reports are still coming in..

NEWS ROUNDUP JANUARY 15 2018

NEWS ROUNDUP SUNDAY JANUARY 21 2018

mother! just scored Jennifer Lawrence the worst box office opening of her career..

The reviews were awful.
The critics panned..
The citizens revolted and were revulsed.

FIRE AND FURY

The fake missile warning in Hawaii was scary for residents of that state .. 38 minutes of hell.

Scary for America more may be what ELIANA JOHNSON writes in POLITICO: A false warning of a missile threat in Hawaii sent White House aides scrambling Saturday, frantically phoning agencies to determine a response and triggering worries about their preparedness almost a year into the Trump administration. President Donald Trump’s Cabinet has yet to test formal plans for how to respond to a domestic missile attack, according to a senior administration official. John Kelly, while serving as Secretary of Homeland Security through last July, planned to conduct the exercise. But he left his post to become White House chief of staff before it was conducted, and acting secretary Elaine Duke never carried it out. The Old Cold War guard is gone. The newcomers can issue threats but appear to be unaware on how to act on them.. “The U.S. government hasn’t tested these plans in 30 years,” said the senior a…