Skip to main content

A DEAR DAVID DIARY GETTING WORLDWIDE ATTENTION

I am completely terrified, enthralled, and perplexed by the DEAR DAVID Twitter stream being penned by New York writer Adam Ellis. He is known on Twitter as Moby_Dickhead.  And suddenly he is captivating publications all over the world..

It began in August. He said he had a dream about a boy with half of a head.. He said his apartment in NYC was being haunted by a dead boy. . . At some point he learned that the boy's name was David. Dear David, actually. And you could only ask him two questions. If you asked a third, he would desire to kill you.

Adam Ellis asked a third..

And the rest became a Twitter stream of nightmare potential.

His cats got involved, as he

Just last week he revealed this photograph, which he said shows Dear David staring at him from across his bedroom:



The last update was last week. Nothing since then.

There are currently 559,000 or so followers who have been watching the accounts of Moby Dickhead. Waiting for another enthralling update.. waiting for another photo. Another glimpse into the apartment of the haunted New York city dweller.

And YES! Many people have said how it's fake! It's a fraud! It's a hoax!
...that's the fun. It's fun because even if it is a fake or fraud, the hat has not been tipped yet by Ellis. He's going with it.. watching the worldwide attention.. And if fake, enjoying every minute. If real? He should really think about moving as soon as possible.

This story has Slenderman potential! With the attention Dear David is getting, there are two possibilities: It's fake and it's a new version of promoting an amazing horror story/ or it's real and SHOULD be made into a movie.

Regardless of the intentions of Ellis, it's thoroughly enjoyable.

...and somehow is penetrating pop culture.
The other day my son, now in the 1st grade, came home and told me about Dear David.
The kids know. The adults do too.

ADAM ELLIS. Stay safe.

MOST POPULAR POSTS TODAY

FIRE AND FURY

The fake missile warning in Hawaii was scary for residents of that state .. 38 minutes of hell.

Scary for America more may be what ELIANA JOHNSON writes in POLITICO: A false warning of a missile threat in Hawaii sent White House aides scrambling Saturday, frantically phoning agencies to determine a response and triggering worries about their preparedness almost a year into the Trump administration. President Donald Trump’s Cabinet has yet to test formal plans for how to respond to a domestic missile attack, according to a senior administration official. John Kelly, while serving as Secretary of Homeland Security through last July, planned to conduct the exercise. But he left his post to become White House chief of staff before it was conducted, and acting secretary Elaine Duke never carried it out. The Old Cold War guard is gone. The newcomers can issue threats but appear to be unaware on how to act on them.. “The U.S. government hasn’t tested these plans in 30 years,” said the senior a…

BIG ISLAND SCARE: THE DAY THE WORLD ALMOST ENDED IN HAWAII

THIS WARNING SOUNDED THROUGHOUT THE STATE TODAY:



Not only that, but warnings buzzed on TVs.. radios.. the horrid screeching noise when an emergency alert sounds.. 


CNN reports,

Jocelyn Azbell had just woken up in her Maui hotel Saturday when she was hurried into the hotel's basement to take shelter from an incoming ballistic missile.
"You're thinking, 'Oh my gosh, are we going to die? Is it really a missile (headed) our way, or is it just a test?'" the 24-year-old told CNN. "We really didn't know."
Minutes before, she'd received an ominous alert on her phone.
"BALLISTIC MISSILE THREAT INBOUND TO HAWAII. SEEK IMMEDIATE SHELTER. THIS IS NOT A DRILL."

Azbell, her boyfriend and hundreds of other hotel guests were "herded like cows" into the basement by staff. "People are crying and people obviously were super scared," she said.
For 20 minutes, Azbell said, they waited. Finally, they were told that the alert was a false ala…

The Detroit boom: A friend visits from a trip 28,000 miles per house

This is the AP news brief on the meteor and earthquake in Detroit January 16:
DETROIT (AP) — Experts say a bright light and what sounded like thunder in the sky above Michigan was a meteor.  The American Meteor Society says it received hundreds of reports of a fireball Tuesday night over the state, including many in the Detroit area. Reports also came in from several other states and Ontario, Canada.Some Michigan residents reported their homes shaking.  The society says the reports suggest a space rock penetrated deep into the Earth’s atmosphere before it broke apart. The U.S. Geological Service says it registered as a 2.0 magnitude earthquake in Michigan. Bill Cooke with NASA’s Meteoroid Environment Office tells The Detroit News it was “definitely a meteoroid” and a rare sight for Michigan.Other states where people reported seeing a fireball included Illinois, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana and Missouri.
More information now being revealed.. CBS in Detroit reported that NASA said the mete…

THE SKY IS ALIVE! BOOM IN DETROIT

USGS confirms meteor occurred around 811pm, causing a magnitude 2.0 earthquake. The very bright fireball illuminated the sky over Michigan, US on January 16, 2018 and was followed by a sonic boom reported several miles away. The American Meteor Society (AMS) has received 356 witness reports from Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio as well as from Ontario in Canada.

50 people reported concurrent sound associated with the event and 114 delayed. Reports are still coming in..

NEWS ROUNDUP JANUARY 15 2018

ONLINE PETITION FORMED TO STOP 'SLENDERMAN'

Almost 20,000 people have signed an online petition opposing Sony Pictures’ planned release of a horror movie called “Slender Man,” the character who inspired two Waukesha girls to plot the stabbing death of their sixth-grade classmate in 2014.

Sony released a trailer for the film this week. It is scheduled for release in May.

“This is crass commercialism at its worst,” wrote Alison Perris, who started the petition at Care2