Very stark warnings are beginning to be given to Florida residents who didn’t evacuate … This is a dangerous situation and it will compare to exceed the damage from Hurricane Andrew ..
CATASTROPHE UNFOLDING IN BAHAMAS, FLORIDA
**EFFORTS TO PROTECT LIFE & PROPERTY SHOULD BE RUSHED TO IMMEDIATE COMPLETION AND PEOPLE IN EVACUATION AREAS SHOULD GET TO PLACES OF SAFE SHELTER AS QUICKLY AND AS SAFELY AS POSSIBLE. YOUR LIFE IS IN EXTREME DANGER IN HURRICANE WARNING AREAS!!!!**
-HURRICANE WARNINGS EXPANDED
-NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE WARNS SOME PARTS OF FLORIDA MAY BE UNINHABITABLE FOR “WEEKS OR MONTHS”
Major Hurricane Matthew is gaining strength now and its eye is visible on satellite photography once again. It will travel over Andros and New Providence Island early tomorrow, with sustained winds of Category 4 hurricane strength and gusts to Category 5 hurricane strength.
The storm will then head for the east coast of Florida and at this time, we believe landfall will occur near the Florida Space Coast sometime on Friday morning. Large intense hurricanes may wobble a bit and landfall further north/south is possible; it is also possible the eye may not entirely come on shore. These slight shifts of a few miles could mean the difference between a community being destroyed or a community being saved.
A HURRICANE WARNING has been issued north of the Flagler/Volusia county line to Fernandina Beach, Florida.
A HURRICANE WATCH has been issued north of Savannah River to Edisto Beach, South Carolina.
SUMMARY OF WATCHES AND WARNINGS IN EFFECT:
A HURRICANE WARNING is in effect for…
* Southeastern Bahamas, including the Inaguas, Mayaguana, Acklins, Crooked Island, Long Cay, and Ragged Island
* Central Bahamas, including Long Island, Exuma, Rum Cay, San Salvador, and Cat Island
* Northwestern Bahamas, including the Abacos, Andros Island, Berry Islands, Bimini, Eleuthera, Grand Bahama Island, and New Providence
* North of Golden Beach to Fernandina Beach
* Lake Okeechobee
A HURRICANE WATCH is in effect for…
* North of Fernandina Beach to Edisto Beach
A TROPICAL STORM WARNING is in effect for…
* Chokoloskee to Golden Beach
* Florida Keys from Seven Mile Bridge eastward
* Florida Bay
A TROPICAL STORM WATCHis in effect for…
* North of Chokoloskee to Suwannee River
A Hurricane Warning means that hurricane conditions are expected somewhere within the warning area. A warning is typically issued 36 hours before the anticipated first occurrence of tropical-storm-force winds, conditions that make outside preparations difficult or dangerous. Preparations to protect life and property should be rushed to completion.
A Hurricane Watch means that hurricane conditions are possible within the watch area. A watch is typically issued 48 hours before the anticipated first occurrence of tropical-storm-force winds, conditions that make outside preparations difficult or dangerous.
A Tropical Storm Watch means that tropical storm conditions are possible within the watch area, generally within 48 hours.
Many life-threatening threats exist in the projected landfall area; the Melbourne, Florida office of the National Weather Service warns of these threats to the Florida central east coast:
POTENTIAL IMPACTS IN THIS AREA INCLUDE:
– STRUCTURAL DAMAGE TO STURDY BUILDINGS, SOME WITH COMPLETE ROOF AND WALL FAILURES. COMPLETE DESTRUCTION OF MOBILE HOMES. DAMAGE GREATLY ACCENTUATED BY LARGE AIRBORNE PROJECTILES. LOCATIONS MAY BE UNINHABITABLE FOR WEEKS OR MONTHS.
– NUMEROUS LARGE TREES SNAPPED OR UPROOTED ALONG WITH FENCES AND ROADWAY SIGNS BLOWN OVER.
– MANY ROADS IMPASSABLE FROM LARGE DEBRIS, AND MORE WITHIN URBAN OR HEAVILY WOODED PLACES. MANY BRIDGES, CAUSEWAYS, AND ACCESS ROUTES IMPASSABLE.
– WIDESPREAD POWER AND COMMUNICATIONS OUTAGES.
IMPACTS IN THIS AREA INCLUDE:
– LARGE AREAS OF DEEP INUNDATION WITH STORM SURGE FLOODING ACCENTUATED BY BATTERING WAVES. STRUCTURAL DAMAGE TO BUILDINGS, WITH SEVERAL WASHING AWAY. DAMAGE COMPOUNDED BY FLOATING DEBRIS. LOCATIONS MAY BE UNINHABITABLE FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD.
– LARGE SECTIONS OF NEAR-SHORE ESCAPE ROUTES AND SECONDARY ROADS MAY BE WASHED OUT OR SEVERELY FLOODED. FLOOD CONTROL SYSTEMS AND BARRIERS MAY BECOME STRESSED.
– SEVERE BEACH EROSION WITH SIGNIFICANT DUNE LOSS.
– MAJOR DAMAGE TO MARINAS, DOCKS, BOARDWALKS, PIERS, AND OTHER COASTAL STRUCTURES. MANY SMALL CRAFT BROKEN AWAY FROM MOORINGS, ESPECIALLY IN UNPROTECTED ANCHORAGES WITH SOME LIFTED ONSHORE AND STRANDED. SIGNIFICANT WIND PILING AND SURGING OF WATER WITHIN THE INTRACOASTAL WATERWAYS, LAGOONS, AND INLETS IS ANTICIPATED..
POTENTIAL IMPACTS INCLUDE:
– MODERATE RAINFALL FLOODING MAY PROMPT SEVERAL EVACUATIONS AND RESCUES.
– RIVERS AND TRIBUTARIES MAY QUICKLY BECOME SWOLLEN WITH SWIFT CURRENTS AND OVERSPILL THEIR BANKS IN A FEW PLACES, ESPECIALLY IN USUALLY VULNERABLE SPOTS. SMALL STREAMS, CREEKS, CANALS, AND DITCHES WILL OVERFLOW.
– FLOOD WATERS CAN ENTER SOME STRUCTURES OR WEAKEN FOUNDATIONS. SEVERAL PLACES MAY EXPERIENCE EXPANDED AREAS OF RAPID INUNDATION AT UNDERPASSES, LOW-LYING SPOTS, AND POOR DRAINAGE AREAS. SOME STREETS AND PARKING LOTS TAKE ON MOVING WATER AS STORM DRAINS AND RETENTION PONDS OVERFLOW. DRIVING CONDITIONS WILL BECOME HAZARDOUS WITH SOME ROAD AND BRIDGE CLOSURES.
POTENTIAL IMPACTS INCLUDE:
– THE OCCURRENCE OF ISOLATED TO SCATTERED TORNADOES CAN HINDER THE EXECUTION OF EMERGENCY PLANS DURING TROPICAL EVENTS.
– SEVERAL PLACES MAY EXPERIENCE TORNADO DAMAGE WITH A FEW LOCATIONS SEEING CONSIDERABLE DAMAGE, POWER LOSS, AND COMMUNICATIONS FAILURES.
-LOCATIONS COULD REALIZE ROOFS TORN OFF FRAME HOUSES, MOBILE HOMES DEMOLISHED, BOXCARS OVERTURNED, LARGE TREES SNAPPED OR UPROOTED, VEHICLES TUMBLED, AND SMALL BOATS TOSSED ABOUT.
DANGEROUS PROJECTILES CAN ADD TO THE TOLL.
Please take these threats very seriously in the Hurricane Warning area; assume the worst is coming and hope for the best.
STAY INFORMED. GET PREPARED. ACT SMART. BE SAFE!
This map, generated by the National Weather Service this evening, shows expected maximum wind gusts across central Florida. Hurricane-force wind gusts are expected to Orlando while gusts over 130mph are expected from Daytona Beach south to Melbourne, include NASA’s Kennedy Space Center complex.
May God have mercy on these areas …
- Amazon Workers Are Listening to What You Tell AlexaThe listening team is comprised of part-time… - April 11, 2019
- Police: Man buys $8 million island then steals from KmartDumb criminal category for sure.. but maybe… - April 11, 2019
- Massive gas explosion kills and injures in North Carolina - April 10, 2019