A Wisconsin judge has fueled rage across America with a September decision that people do no have a fundamental right to drink their own animals’ product. In more detail: Dane County Circuit Court Judge Patrick J. Fiedler has issued an order holding that owners of cows do not have a fundamental right to consume milk from their own cow.
The Farm to Consumer Legal Defense Fund website has a full PDF of the September decision.. The highlights, as exposed and now widely being reported on the internet, have massive implications:
(1) Plaintiffs do not have a fundamental right to own and use a dairy cow or a dairy herd;
(2) Plaintiffs do not have a fundamental right to consume the milk from their own cow;
(3) Plaintiffs do not have a fundamental right to board their cow at the farm of a farmer;
(4) The Zinniker Plaintiffs’ private contract does not fall outside the scope of the States’ police power;
(5) Plaintiffs do not have a fundamental right to produce and consume the foods of their choice;
(6) DATCP [Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection] . . . had jurisdiction to regulate the Zinniker Plaintiffs’ conduct.
The case is expected to continue through higher courts due to appeals.. This website will attempt to follow the developments with it..
Until then, the old adage that you are what you may soon have to be changed: You are what you are permitted to eat..