As if the world wasn’t wild enough already.. This happens.
Turkish army officers said they seized power in the country as warplanes flew over the capital and tanks blocked roads in Istanbul.
Prime Minister Binali Yildirim said his government is still in control and will resist.
The military said in an e-mailed statement that it took power to restore freedom and democracy. It said all international agreements will be honored.
It wasn’t clear whether the whole army was involved.
Martial law has been declared.. Developing..
‘We have taken control’: Turkish military open fire on civilians as they launch coup to depose Islamist government – while President Erdogan ‘hides in a hotel room’ and Facetimes a TV station to urge his supporters to fight for him
- Turkish troops have launched a military coup according to the government with helicopters firing on capital Ankara
- Turkish PM Binali Yildirim told reporters: ‘We will not allow this attempt’ although the military said they are in control
- Explosions and gunfire have been reported in several locations with fast attack jets patrolling over the skies
- The Turkish military claimed they have taken power in order to protect the civil rights of the population
- President Recep Erdogan has used ‘FaceTime’ to call on the population to take to the streets to oppose the coup
MORE: CNN UPDATES: http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/15/world/live-blog-turkey/index.html
- Amazon Workers Are Listening to What You Tell AlexaThe listening team is comprised of part-time… - April 11, 2019
- Police: Man buys $8 million island then steals from KmartDumb criminal category for sure.. but maybe… - April 11, 2019
- Massive gas explosion kills and injures in North Carolina - April 10, 2019