STAR WARS Episode VIII is being beaten by Sony’s Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle in first place with a stellar $35.8M third weekend in a row!
The unexpected hit starring Jack Black, the ROCK, and Madison Iseman is creating a stir of various demographics. Most who see it love it.. even those who expected to be lukewarm end up completely diving into the strange and amazing world that JUMANJI has to offer..
INSIDIOUS THE LAST KEY is holding its own, as well! Bolstered by the continuous creep down of STAR WARS, the horror flick has enough cash to finish second place this weekend..
INTERNAL INDUSTRY ESTIMATES for this weekend now revealed:
- Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (SONY), 3,801 theaters (+36) / $10.7M Fri (-39%)/3-day: $35.8M (-28%)/Total:$244.1M/ Wk 3
- Insidious: The Last Key (UNI), 3,116 theaters (0)/ $12.7M Fri/3-day: $25.9M/ Wk 1
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi(DIS), 4,232 theaters (0)/ $6.7M Fri (-65%)/3-day: $23.6M (-55%)/Total:$572.5M/ Wk 4
- The Greatest Showman (FOX), 3,342 theaters (+26) / $4.1M Fri (-22%) / 3-day: $14.1M (-9%)/Total: $77.2M/Wk 3
- Pitch Perfect 3 (UNI), 3,458 theaters (-10)/ $3.3M Fri (-50%)/3-day: $10.5M (-37%)/Total: $86.2M/ Wk 3
Roger Friedman is noting the amount of a drop LAST JEDI has had — along with that a joke that Blumhouse must be feeding their actors now.. that joke because normally horror flicks from the company are budgeted at $5 mil.. INSIDIOUS was $10..
Latest posts by The Horror Report (see all)