The Walt Disney Co. fired back at Scarlet Johansson’s lawsuit over the release of Black Widow, in a biting statement in which it said that the litigation showed a “callous disregard” to the Covid-19 pandemic and even revealed that she has so far received $20 million from the project.
A Disney spokesperson said, “There is no merit whatsoever to this filing. The lawsuit is especially sad and distressing in its callous disregard for the horrific and prolonged global effects of the Covid-19 pandemic. Disney has fully complied with Ms. Johansson’s contract and furthermore, the release of Black Widow on Disney+ with Premier Access has significantly enhanced her ability to earn additional compensation on top of the $20M she has received to date.”
— Read on deadline.com/2021/07/scarlett-johansson-walt-disney-co-black-widow-lawsuit-1234802440/
Note that more may follow!
- In Major Shift, NIH Admits Funding Risky Virus Research in Wuhan; Vanity Fair reports - October 25, 2021
- White House delays JFK document dump, and blames COVID - October 23, 2021
- WHAT WENT WRONG!? SOMEONE YELLED ‘COLD GUN’ AS ALEC BALDWIN WAS HANDLED WEAPON THAT KILLED HALYNA HUTCHINS; Reports indicate 3 misfires on set of RUST previously - October 23, 2021