There is a strange conspiracy theory afoot.. just Google the term “Katy Perry is JonBenet Ramsey.” I did. And found lots of information that, people online tell me, is compelling enough to believe that the conspiracy is true. The DAILY DOT has the story too, more so not propelling the argument because they believe it’s true but instead to capture the moment of pop culture.. Rick Paulas writes humorously,
“JonBenét Ramsey became Katy Perry. That’s a fact,” declares a faceless voice, over a screenshot of the Ramsey murder Wikipedia page. “JonBenét Ramsey did not die, nobody died, nobody got hurt,” he says. But she was sacrificed: “That sacrifice was in name only, and that sacrifice was to get something, and that something was to become a star.” The gist, extracted from seven minutes of creeping pans and easygoing voiceover, is this:
- Perry’s parents (Keith Hudson and Mary Perry) don’t look completely different from Ramsey’s parents (John and Patty Ramsey). Just like Ted Cruz doesn’t look completely different from Robert Kardashian, I guess?
- There’s a resemblance between photos of young JonBenét Ramsey and Katy Perry, highlighted by an eerie Photoshop cross-fade that provides enough nightmare fuel to keep your nocturnal demons well-fed.
- Ramsey was killed by strangulation, evidence of hidden Masonic forces at play. “See how they always put the non sequitur inside the story to catch those that have not done their work,” says the narrator.
This kind of casually unhinged rambling often seems like the background noise of the Internet, omnipresent but ignorable. That said, the video has more than 27,000 views; an updated video with nearly three minutes of added footage has more than 11,000 views. If that’s not enough to call this a thing, exactly, it’s at least sparked reactions—and not just denunciatory comments.
Amazing..creepy.. weird stuff.
Conspiracy rabbit holes are deep. This one may be the weirdest..
For those who lived through the true crime drama that was the Ramsey killing, this is most likely laughable. But a new generation of conspiracy hunters seemingly are eating it up.
As Katy bounces the night away.
- Amazon Workers Are Listening to What You Tell AlexaThe listening team is comprised of part-time… - April 11, 2019
- Police: Man buys $8 million island then steals from KmartDumb criminal category for sure.. but maybe… - April 11, 2019
- Massive gas explosion kills and injures in North Carolina - April 10, 2019